This is a superb, summertime fruit salad which satisfies all of your cravings. I use berries, predominantly, but the list of fruits are endless during the summer season. Peaches, pears and figs, just to name a few may be added or substituted. Raisins or other dried fruits can be added or substituted as well, but the sweetness and texture they provide really compliments this delectable fresh salad, so don’t forget them or the glazed nuts!
Serve with a slice of crusty bread of choice accompanied by a tall stem of Pinot Grigio…
NOTE: Chicken is fully cooked, but the raspberry vinaigrette makes it look pink in the photos…sorry
- 2- 8 oz boneless chicken breasts; seasoned with your favorite BBQ seasoning, grilled
- 1/2 cup each, sliced, fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced, cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup glazed cinnamon pecans or other glazed nuts
- 4 cups mixed salad greens of choice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing; use brand of choice and desired amounts; I like “Girards” or venture to make homemade.
- Drizzling of Balsamic Glaze
- Grill breasts on BBQ grill; about 6-7 minutes per side
- Assemble greens on a large plate or platter
- Top with sliced cooked chicken
- Scatter berries, cantaloupe, nuts and dried cranberries
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and Balsamic glaze, salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 2-4 servings. Remember to serve with Vino!! Pinot Grigio is my choice–this time Buon Appetito!