This remarkable velvety brew will make you dream of the return of St. Patrick’s Day, everyday! Creamy, sweet, chocolaty, semi-bitter edged, frothy, buttery…heaven! In the past, I have always used Guinness, but ever since discovering the “chocolate stout,” I have never looked back. Having said the latter, “both” ales are marvelous—especially in this delectable frothy drink! You choose!
- 1 ounce or shot glass of Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 large scoops of good quality organic vanilla ice cream of choice
- Dash of chocolate bitters (optional but its use amplifys the chocolate flavor)
- 1 bottle of chocolate stout or Guinness
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- For each float, put 2 scoops of ice cream in a large mug.
- Top with a shot of Bailey’s Irish Cream add the chocolate bitters (if using) and slowly pour the stout to the top; a tall head will form.
- Top with whipped cream and a few grinds of grated chocolate or sprinkles. YUM 10 Fold!!
Photograph by Kenneth Russo