- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 stick of butter, frozen & grated
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 small lemon; juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender if you want to experience Royalty
- Regular or course ground sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg (if using) and salt.
- Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal).
- Stir in blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, lemon juice, zest, egg & lavender (if using) until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form.
- Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.)
**Chef’s Notes: Most of the above prep can be done in a food processor with the exception of stirring in the blueberries. You can knead them in after the dough forms.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle with course sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8