This simple, fudgy chocolate dream couldn’t be easier! Dress it up or dress it down, but start with a box of chocolate cake mix and a few simple ingredients like sour cream and chocolate chips and the end result will make a moist, intensely-flavored chocolate cake with textbook results every time! Glad Ricky didn’t lose this number 😉
- 1 (18.25 oz) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large bowl, mix the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate.
- If desired, dust cake with powdered sugar or chocolate glaze—add some nuts or more chocolate chips for good measure and a beautiful presentation.