While some cook to relax, the norm for the rest of the working world means coming home is time to face the “dinnertime challenge.” SIGH! Wait! Instead of pressing redial for Papa’s Pizza or polishing off those last few concrete, wrinkled, wannabe fries from the bottom of a Mickey D’s bag, think ahead! “Crock-Pot!” Gloria says, “This is good for working people…I just throw whatever I have in!” You turn it on before going to work. When you come home, dinner is ready to serve.” A solid and scrumptious solution!
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks (skin on or removed)
- 4 medium to large carrots, cut in small pieces
- 1 onion, cut in small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Some dried thyme, rosemary and/or oregano, to taste (use a little more if you are using fresh herbs)
- Add a few celery stalks if you’d like. I normally use what I have in my fridge
- 1 15z can of chicken broth
- Sprinkles of salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage chopped
- Servings 2-3
Throw everything except for cabbage in a crock-pot, cook on low for 8-10 hours. About 30 minutes before it’s ready to serve, put cabbage in the pot, stir. Turn the heat on high; continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes. Adjust for seasoning, if needed. Serve alone or over steamed rice with rolls, crusty bread or not 😉
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on Once Upon a Spice.