Super Quick Pizza Dough
Pizzaria quality results in about 30 minutes! This is a super base for Quick, Fast, Easy and Delicious pizza, stuffed breads, calzones and stromboli. So easy to put together and offers a semi-chewy crumb; crisp on the outside soft, flavorful and moist on the inside. Bellissima!
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons or 1 package, fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pizza seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix sugar (or honey), water & yeast; let proof for 10 minutes.
- Mix flours, salt, garlic powder & herbs.
- Mix in yeast water & oil. Mix for 2-3 minutes in standing mixer using dough hook.
- Shape into a ball, place back into bowl and let rise 15-20 minutes.
- Punch down, roll and place in well-oiled pizza pan.
- Top with sauce & favorite toppings.
- Bake 450* for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Chef’s Notes: For a softer crust brush still hot outer crust with olive oil or melted butter after baking.