It’s Fire Up the Grill Week at Once Upon a spice & I wanted to kick it off with a quintessential summertime meal–the perfect trio!
The chicken and corn can be prepared on the grill and the macaroni salad made the day before. No Stove-top Heat Necessary! The Fat Tire Amber ale imparts a slight taste of spirits and the pungent seasonings kick up the flavors by volumes. Come home, pop your chicken and corn on the BBQ and within 30 minutes you’re calling this one crazy delicious dinner!! Slice up a cantaloupe, honey dew or watermelon for dessert–DONE! PERFECTION!
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks, thighs or a combination of both
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4-5 garlic gloves, minced
- Juice and rind of 1 lime—coarsely grind rind
- 2 cups Fat Tire Amber Ale or beer of choice—use the one you enjoy drinking
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Wash chicken and remove skin if you prefer.
- Place into a resealable gallon plastic Ziploc bag.
- Mix olive oil, onion powder, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne and ground black pepper. Squeeze in lime, grated peel and garlic cloves Pour in beer. Stir everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in chopped parsley. Pour marinade into bag with chicken pieces.
- Allow chicken to marinate overnight, but no less than 4 hours. Even longer if you have the time.
- Heat grill, remove and drain chicken pieces.
- Toss chicken with a little extra olive oil, salt & pepper. Grill on medium hot for 10 minutes, turn over and grill for another 10 minutes.
- Turn again and add BBQ sauce, grill for 3-5 more minutes, turn over and repeat.
- Grill until juices run clear and chicken is a nice golden brown with a slight black char.
- Serve with macaroni or potato salad and a fresh ear of grilled corn. A perfect summertime meal!