We end “Fire Up the Grill” week with a quiet beckoning from the Sweet Tooth.
What I like about this recipe, adapted from Steel House Kitchen, is it’s simple yet, full of complex flavors. Layers of sweet, salty, creamy, and citrus join together in an explosion of tastes that are incredibly pleasing to the palate.
These slightly charred, orange orbs of love are a perfect summertime dessert for all of those hot, steamy summer nights. Tell me you can’t hear those crickets calling 🙂
Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsps bourbon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Lemon Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Peaches
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 freestone peaches
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, grated
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Pour sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer over medium heat and swirl the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to simmer until the color changes to light brown, about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Slowly stir in cream until combined. Add bourbon and salt and stir until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Split the vanilla bean down the center with the tip of a sharp knife. Open to expose the seeds. Using the blade, gently scrape the beans from the pod.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine mascarpone and vanilla beans. Set aside until needed.
- Slice the peaches in half and discard the seeds. Lightly brush the flesh with canola or light olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill. Place cut side down on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes until the peaches are warm and grill marks appear.
- Fill the peaches with a large spoonful of the mascarpone and place on a serving platter or in individual bowls.
- If the bourbon caramel sauce is too thick reheat it slightly on low heat until it returns to the right consistency. Spoon caramel over the peaches, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Store any remaining caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from & Photo source: Steele House Kitchen
11 Comments Add yours
Another amazing dish, Lana! Makes me want to dive right in.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Marci! They’re wonderful! Have a great weekend, Hon ♥
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lover everything about this dessert. Just perfect! 🙂
Oh wow now doesn’t that look tasty! Perfect ending to the grilling week!
My sweet tooth is telling yes! Yummy Lana! 🙂
A perfect summer dessert Lana!! Love it😊
This is a citizen’s arrest. Those are quite clearly illegal and I’m afraid I’m going to have to impound them 😀 x
I love grilled peaches. I have a peach tree and this recipe would be wonderful using them.
This is amazing