These Chicken Caesar Burgers are perfect ‘man grub’, especially when there is football on! This is another easy recipe that makes lots of dressing so you can slather it on the side salad or leave it for another day. The burger bun becomes one giant crispy Parmesan croûton….
First make the dressing. Put a chopped garlic clove, egg yolks, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, Worcester sauce and mustard powder into a food processor. Whizz it all up and then slowly pour in the olive oil while the motor is running.Grate some Parmesan and stir in.Get your favourite burger buns and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on some grated Parmesan.Place under a medium grill until toasted.
Dredge the chicken or turkey escalopes in flour and heat some oil and butter in a pan. Fry over a medium heat for a couple of minutes each side until golden.
Finely slice some lettuce and assemble the burgers. Spread both bread sides with the dressing. Add a piece of chicken Thai Fish Burgers, more dressing, lettuce, dressing and more chicken.
I’m not suggesting that the dressing is healthy….
it’s just really, really good!
What’s your favourite Caesar recipe?
If you like burgers you might like my Thai Fish BurgersChicken Caesar Burgers
- 4 chicken or turkey escalopes cut in half
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-6 leaves of Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- 300ml olive oil
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Drizzle the burger buns with olive oil and grate on Parmesan cheese.
- Place under a medium preheated grill for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients, except the oil and Parmesan, into a food processor.
- Keep the motor running and add the oil in a steady stream. Scrape out the dressing and stir in the Parmesan.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and heat the oil and butter in a pan. Fry for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading the dressing on each bun side, add the chicken. then dressing, lettuce, dressing, chicken and then bun on top.
- This will make more dressing but it will keep for a few days in the fridge and is great with salad or grilled meats.
- Barbecue the chicken instead and omit the flour.