Super Quick Pizza Dough
Since we’re in Pizza week here at Once Upon a Spice I wanted to share a very tasty Pizzaria style dough that’s ready to top in about 30 minutes!
This soft pillowy base works wonderfully for Quick, Fast, Easy and Delicious pizza, stuffed breads, calzones and stromboli. So easy to put together and offers a semi-chewy crumb; crisp on the outside soft, flavorful and moist on the inside. Bellissima!
Foolproof 30 Minute Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Mix sugar (or honey), water & yeast; let proof for 10 minutes.
- Mix flours, salt, garlic powder & herbs.
- Mix in yeast water & oil.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes in standing mixer using dough hook.
- Shape into a ball, place back into bowl and let rise 15-20 minutes.
- Punch down, roll and place in well-oiled pizza pan. Let rest for 5 minutes before topping.
- Top with sauce & favorite toppings.
- Bake 450* for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Chef’s Notes: For a softer crust brush still hot outer crust with olive oil or melted butter after baking.