This humble sandwich spread or salad is delicatessen worthy, hands down. The simple pairing of the two main, basic, but essential ingredients provide a sandwich shoppe classic made in heaven.
The soft buttery texture and flavor of avocados blends perfectly with the creaminess of the eggs and mayo. The remainder of the ingredients compliment, simply.
This undemanding spread is destined to become a permanent fixture in your frig; enjoyed for quick lunches, for light, but satisfying dinners, the base for appetizers or a quick, late night snack.
- Eggs, 6 hard boiled; chopped
- Avocado 2 large; peeled & chopped
- Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- Capers 1 tsp chopped
- Green olives 1/4 cup, chopped
- Tarragon, 1 tsp fresh chopped (2 tsp of fresh parsley may be substituted)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Et vous l’avez 🙂
- Spread amount desired on fresh baked bread, toasted or not. Baguettes, croissants, fresh baked rolls…you get the picture. I used slices of a fresh-baked loaf of my Pan de Mie offered in a French week post.
- Top with chopped or sliced red onions, tomatoes and lettuce leaves and crisp bacon si vous s’il vous plaît…
Simple heaven between bread